Using techniques of using glass and glue guns for past work I experimented with how these could be incorporated with using wax to create sculptural forms. To do this I used broken glass which were arranged into fragile structures, carefully balancing the glass shards on top of each other to create interesting forms, I then used hot glue to make fine netting around these.
Once finishing the sculptures I poured wax over them which gave interesting results as the wax instantly set onto the cold glass shards creating interesting patterns as it did so. The wax also dripped off the glue stands to make beads of wax along them. The over all result of this makes a ghost like affect which offers a interesting dimension as the transparency of the glass gives a affect of the wax floating.
Overall these small pieces offer a interesting juxtaposition between the hardness of the glass and thick wax base with the fragility of the joins and broken edges of the glass shards.
No comments:
Post a Comment