Wednesday, 28 May 2014

Finding Patterns....

From this project I have observed that after looking at many images of neurons and scientific drawings similar patterns can be observed in day to day life... for example in old washing up water. When finding these patterns in the water they intrigued me as ghost like forms which would quickly disperse when the water is disturbed. This fleeting and fragile nature lead me back to considering these forms within the mind as thoughts which can pass as quickly as they occur. From considering this I considered what these forms could represent  I came across Rose-Lynn Fisher's 'Topography of tears'. 

A question which has continually come up in my work is how the mind manufactures emotions and how these could be physically represented. Rose-Lynn Fisher's work offers an insight into these as they show how different types of tears look under a microscope.After studying 100 different tears and she found that tears which have been caused by different emotions and external factors look drastically different.  This offers a realization of human experience and immaterial experiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment