Tuesday, 29 April 2014

Final cling film installation

Cling film test 2. 

Using the cling film technique I test before in a barn set up, I have created another version. To develop it further I have used projections of photographs of my previous installation to light up the cling film and to create the sense of another dimension within the installation space. I experimented with projecting images of faces and photographs to portray memories, however I felt this was too literal as we do not know what form memories take with in the mind. Therefore to present them as direct images is assuming that what we already perceive to be reality in the mind is correct however as the mind is a great mystery, to be this seemed too much of an obvious answer. 
Perhaps, like colour, photograph like memories are manufactured by our brains to allow our conscious mind to reach logical explanations. However we can not make assumptions about our subconscious as this is a unknown territory. 
Therefore for my installation works I have chosen to take influence from a quote from a quote by Friedrich Nietzsche "Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -always darker, emptier and simpler." With this in mind I aimed to create a installation which was uncluttered and simple to allow simplification and free space to create your own interpretations and your mind to fill in the gaps and rationalize what you are seeing. Through this sparking the mind to process you are able to become aware of the experience of being in and owning a human mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment